Announcing ICLR 2021 Outstanding Paper Awards
By ICLR 2021 Program Co-Chairs Ivan Titov (U. Edinburgh / U. Amsterdam), Naila Murray (Facebook AI Research), and Alice Oh (KAIST), and Senior Program Chair Katja Hofmann (Microsoft Research).See original post at: https://iclr-conf.medium.com/announcing-iclr-2021-outstanding-paper-awards-9ae0514734ab
We are thrilled to announce the winners of the ICLR 2021 Outstanding Paper Awards. While there are 860 excellent papers in our program, and many of them of exceptional quality, we would like to highlight 8 papers that are especially noteworthy, of which 1 belongs to Prof. Anh Tuan Luu – Research Scientist at VinAI Research.
Award winners (in alphabetical order):
- Beyond Fully-Connected Layers with Quaternions: Parameterization of Hypercomplex Multiplications with 1/n Parameters by Aston Zhang, Yi Tay, Shuai Zhang, Alvin Chan, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Hui, and Jie Fu
- Complex Query Answering with Neural Link Predictors by Erik Arakelyan, Daniel Daza, Pasquale Minervini, and Michael Cochez
- EigenGame: PCA as a Nash Equilibrium by Ian Gemp, Brian McWilliams, Claire Vernade, and Thore Graepel
- Learning Mesh-Based Simulation with Graph Networks by Tobias Pfaff, Meire Fortunato, Alvaro Sanchez-Gonzalez, and Peter Battaglia
- Neural Synthesis of Binaural Speech from Mono Audio by Alexander Richard, Dejan Markovic, Israel D. Gebru, Steven Krenn, Gladstone Alexander Butler, Fernando Torre, and Yaser Sheikh
- Optimal Rates for Averaged Stochastic Gradient Descent under Neural Tangent Kernel Regime by Atsushi Nitanda, and Taiji Suzuki
- Rethinking Architecture Selection in Differentiable NAS by Ruochen Wang, Minhao Cheng, Xiangning Chen, Xiaocheng Tang, and Cho-Jui Hsieh
- Score-Based Generative Modeling through Stochastic Differential Equations by Yang Song, Jascha Sohl-Dickstein, Diederik P Kingma, Abhishek Kumar, Stefano Ermon, and Ben Poole
Congratulations to the authors on this fantastic achievement!
The paper awards were selected as follows:
- based on paper reviews, we constructed a shortlist of candidate papers;
- the shortlisted papers were sent to the Outstanding Paper Committee for further review;
- the experts were asked to assess not only technical quality but also the potential for impact, including bringing in a new perspective, opening up an exciting direction, and making a strong contribution to addressing an important problem;
- the highest-ranking papers were selected for the awards.
Thank you to the members of the Outstanding Paper Award Committee for their hard work!
The papers will be presented during two Outstanding Paper sessions (May 5, 16.00–17.00 PDT and May 6, 00:00–01:00 PDT).
To attend the event and participate in these and many other exciting sessions, register at https://iclr.cc/Register/view-registration.
Outstanding Paper Award Committee
- Adam White, University of Alberta
- Aditya Krishna Menon, Australian National University
- Adriana Romero, Facebook
- Amir Globerson, Tel Aviv University
- André Martins, Instituto Superior Técnico / Unbabel
- Franziska Meier, Facebook
- Irina Higgins, DeepMind
- Michael S Ryoo, Stony Brook State University of New York
- Mingyuan Zhou, The University of Texas at Austin
- Natalia Neverova, Facebook
- Panayotis Mertikopoulos, French National Center for Scientific Research
- Piotr Koniusz, Australian National University
- Rémi Flamary, Ecole Polytechnique
- Tengyu Ma, Stanford University
- Tie-Yan Liu, Microsoft
- Yale Song, Microsoft